Who can attend recovery college
Recovery College is open to people who:
- have lived experience of mental health conditions
- are carers, family and friends of someone with mental health conditions
- are mental health workers or workers in the community services sector
- volunteer in the community services section
- are over the age of 18 years
- are living, studying, working or providing services within the Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD) area
- not sure if you are eligible? Please check your suburb/s on the LHD map here OR below (the Western Sydney LHD area is the grey coloured area; Click on the frame icon to open as a Google map in a new window)
- if your address is outside of area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area
Our courses and programs are provided without cost to the participants.
All our courses are co-delivered and co-designed by educators with lived experience of mental health conditions and by mental health professionals.
We offer courses:
- to provide you with better understanding of mental health conditions so that you are empowered through knowledge to learn self-management strategies and skills
- to assist you to develop skills to live well and with improved self confidence
- to help you improve your physical health
- to help you gain access to vocational pathways programs
- to help you obtain a Certificate IV in Peer Work
- to give you knowledge and skills to support individuals living with mental health conditions as a carer, family member or mental health worker
Where can I get more information?
You can call and speak to one of our team to find out more about Recovery College and what is involved.
You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Form to send an enquiry.
We can send you a course brochure or flyer or you can view our workshops and programs here.
You can sign up to our email newsletter (see bottom right) and we will keep you up to date with information about our programs and courses.