Who can attend recovery college
Recovery College is open to people living in Western Sydney who:
- have lived experience of mental health conditions
- are carers, family and friends of someone with mental health conditions
- are mental health workers or workers in the community services sector
- volunteer in the community services section
Our courses are provided to people over the age of 18 years. Most of our courses and programs are provided without cost to the participants.
All our courses are co-delivered and co-designed by educators with lived experience of mental health conditions and by mental health professionals. We offer courses:
- to provide you with better understanding of mental health conditions so that you are empowered through knowledge to learn self-management strategies and skills
- to assist you to develop skills to live well and with improved self confidence
- to help you improve your physical health
- to help you gain access to vocational pathways programs
- to help you obtain a Certificate IV in Peer Work
- to give you knowledge and skills to support individuals living with mental health conditions as a carer, family member or mental health worker
Where can I get more information?
You can call Recovery College on 02 9854 5541 and speak to one of our team to find out more about Recovery College and what is involved.
We can send you a course brochure or you can view it online.
You can sign up to our newsletter (see bottom right) and we will keep you up to date with information about our programs and courses.