News | Posted on 17th Mar 2020
Please be advised that at this stage Recovery College workshops will be continuing as planned.
If we receive updated advice from the NSW Department of Health in relation to current COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) concerns, we will advise you as soon as possible.
Where possible in workshops, we will be encouraging:
- Social distancing, such as: Avoid contact with others, e.g. give a wave instead of shaking hands, sitting further apart where possible
- Handwashing on arrival at the classroom and before and after eating
- Cover any cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, and disposing of the tissue straightaway
- If you are feeling unwell, please don’t take a risk. Stay home and let us know you will not be attending the workshop.
Please also keep in mind:
- There is an enforced self-isolation period of 14 days for anyone who is returning from overseas travel.
- The risk of contracting COVID-19 without a history of international travel within 14 days is still low. At this stage it is appropriate to continue normal activities, if:
- You have no symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat; AND
- You have not travelled internationally in the past 14 days; AND
- You have not been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you have any flu like symptoms, in particular fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat, please stay home. Contact Healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or your GP for advice.
For more information about the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, you can find straightforward information here:
We understand that the situation with COVID-19 is changing rapidly. We will be in touch if anything changes.
We also understand that this situation may be causing anxiety, so we encourage students to recognise any anxiety you are feeling and to take self-care measures where needed. We will be sharing more self-care tips with our community soon.
While the Australian Government helped to fund this document, it has not reviewed the content and is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use or reliance on the information provided herein.