Position Available – Peer Educator – Casual
News | Posted on 28th Aug 2019
- Casual – Contract
- Location- Western Sydney
- Opportunity to educate, train and share knowledge
- Generous salary packaging
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives, carers, and professionals working in the area. Our main aim is to provide a safe, supportive and respectful community in which people living with mental illness can realise their individual goals, maximise their community integration and enhance their quality of life.
Western Sydney Recovery College is a community based college that provides psychosocial education and incorporates adult collaborative learning where peer educators and subject matter experts co-develop and co-deliver educational programs aimed at increasing skills, knowledge and shared experience in relation to mental health matters.
The Western Sydney Recovery College is currently recruiting Peer educators who have a lived experience of mental health to bring their expert, skills and experiences to enhance the understanding of others by co-developing and co-delivering courses to community members, including mental health professionals, carers and consumers.
- Work with a Professional Educator in the development and delivery of training
- Be a positive role model for consumers utilising personal recovery experience to support consumers with their wellbeing and educational goals related to their recovery journey
- Co-develop workshop materials including session plans and handouts, PowerPoint presentation materials, participant workbooks and trainer guides as per contractual obligations.
Peer educators are required:
- Certificate IV in Training and Education or equivalent or working towards
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training to a wide range of participants
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Have experience using their lived experience in a safe way to support others
- Have very good administrative skills.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do!
View this position, PD and more information on the One Door Careers site
Please refer to the PD while applying on our website. Alternatively, contact the Recovery College Manager, Jayke Burgess, at 0456 962 363.