Understanding Personality Disorders
This workshop is an introduction to understanding personality disorders. It looks at the history, prevalence and types of mental health conditions that are called personality disorders, and helps students to understand what it is like to live with these conditions. Supports and treatments will be discussed along with key principles of self-care and self-management strategies.
By the end of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Describe the different kinds of personality disorders and how common they are
- Explain the biological, social and psychological causes of personality disorders
- Describe the experience of Borderline Personality Disorder
- Outline the range of effective treatments and supports available
- Identify some key principles and actions for supporting a person living with personality disorder
- Identify and practice effective communication skills
- Practice self-care skills
Important! Before you enrol: We are required to provide our services to people who live/work/study or provide services in the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) area. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please check Who can attend recovery college. If your address is outside of WSLHD area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area.