What is depression? This program builds understanding of depression and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, coping strategies and self-management techniques.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Explain how serious and common depression is
- Identify the signs and symptoms of depression
- Explain factors that make an individual at risk of depression
- Describe common treatments for depression
- Identify self care techniques and barriers
- Identify and use helpful recovery processes to support someone with depression
Students should plan to attend each of the online workshop sessions. Please fill out only one enrolment form.
See our FAQs for how online workshops are being delivered.
Important! Before you enrol: We are required to provide our services to people who live/work/study or provide services in the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) area. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please check Who can attend recovery college. If your address is outside of WSLHD area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area.