What is depression? This program builds understanding of depression and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, coping strategies and self-management techniques.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Explain how serious and common depression is
- Identify the signs and symptoms of depression
- Explain factors that make an individual at risk of depression
- Describe common treatments for depression
- Identify self care techniques and barriers
- Identify and use helpful recovery processes to support someone with depression
Understanding Depression (Arabic) will be delivered in Auburn in Term 1 2020. This course will be conducted in Arabic by bilingual educators, and include translated workshop materials.
Please clearly indicate which course option and date you are applying for on your enrolment form.