The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of inclusive practice in the workplace. Students will learn how to apply this knowledge to their work practices in order to ensure an inclusive environment for LGBTIQ staff and consumers.
- Define social constructs, gender binary, heterosexist behaviour and heteronormativity
- Identify and explain examples of negative health impacts specific to LGBTIQ people
- Explain why inclusive practice is beneficial for LGBTIQ people, allies and businesses
- Identify examples of inclusive practice for an individual and a commercial business
- Identify examples of inclusive language to use when engaging with staff and consumers