Effective Communication Skills
This program builds understanding of the skills of assertiveness and why being able to speak up clearly about what you need and what is important to you matters. Assertiveness is a life skill that can assist with recovery and is an empowerment tool. This workshop includes practical skills and exercises to develop your assertiveness skills and how to use them effectively.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to:
- Describe different methods of communication
- Explain the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour and communication styles
- Use ‘I’ messages to communicate what is important to you to empower your recovery
- Choose to say ‘no’ more effectively
- Apply assertiveness skills in everyday life to improve relationships
Effective Communication Skills (Arabic) will be delivered in Auburn in Term 2 and Term 4 2019. This course will be conducted in Arabic by bilingual educators, and include translated workshop materials.
Please clearly indicate which course option and date you are applying for on your enrolment form.