Conversations about Change
All of us have things we’d like to change about ourselves; and nearly all of us have someone we know who we think needs to change. Talking about this is hard. We don’t want to be nagged and we don’t want to be a nag – but we know that we need to have the conversation.
In this workshop you will learn there are ways of communicating that may open up the possibility of change when talking with a loved one, friend or colleague. We cannot change another person, only ourselves; but we can learn what is involved in having a conversation about change and how we can use this to support our family and friends.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Identify the stages of change
- Describe barriers to making change
- Explain why people often resist change
- Identify qualities that assist when enabling change
- Learn practical strategies to support and encourage someone who is at various stages of change