People who experience bipolar disorder may have extreme mood swings which can range from highly energised, impulsive euphoria (sometimes to the point of having delusions and hallucinations) to extreme depression and to remission in a mostly unpredictable pattern. This can be frightening and difficult to live with or deal with.
The Understanding Bipolar workshop builds understanding of bipolar disorders and how they affect individuals, their families and carers. It also explores treatments, recovery, self-management strategies and techniques that provide practical assistance to those living with bipolar.
By the end of the workshop, students will be able to:
- Describe the 3 main types of bipolar disorder
- Recognise the signs and symptoms and consequences of the different phases of bipolar
- Explain the causes and triggers of bipolar disorder
- Describe some common treatments for bipolar disorder.
- Use structured, practical techniques to help manage the different phases of bipolar disorder
Students should plan to attend both sessions of this workshop. Please fill out only one enrolment form.
See our FAQs for how online workshops are being delivered.
Important! Before you enrol: We are required to provide our services to people who live/work/study or provide services in the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) area. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please check Who can attend recovery college. If your address is outside of WSLHD area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area.