What is anxiety? This program builds understanding of anxiety and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, self-management strategies and other techniques that provide practical assistance to those living with anxiety.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Describe the 6 main types of anxiety disorders and how common they are
- Define and describe the signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Explain the Biological, Social and Psychological causes of anxiety disorders
- Describe the common treatments for anxiety and their effectiveness and problems.
- Use the CHIME model to look at things they could do to help the recovery process
- Identify some of the actions and language that are helpful to people with anxiety
This workshop will be conducted in Arabic by two Bilingual Educators.
Important! Before you enrol: We are required to provide our services to people who live/work/study or provide services in the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) area. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please check Who can attend recovery college. If your address is outside of WSLHD area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area.