Introduction to Problem Gambling
This workshop will explore the various impacts of problem gambling on the individual and the family focusing on mental health and multicultural communities. The workshop will provide examples of warning signs and the types of support that are available for those experiencing problem gambling and their families.
- Gambling – a silent addiction
- Current trends, emphasis on online gambling
- Characteristics and implications of gambling addiction
- Recognising signs and symptoms of problem levels of gambling in self and others
- What type of support available for people with problem gambling and to their families
This workshop will be delivered by Multicultural Problem Gambling Service for NSW.
This workshop series is being offered online during Term 1 & 2 2021.
See our FAQs for how online workshops are being delivered.
Important! Before you enrol: We are required to provide our services to people who live/work/study or provide services in the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) area. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please check Who can attend recovery college. If your address is outside of WSLHD area but you study or provide services within the Western Sydney LHD, please ensure you respond to the relevant question on the enrolment form to explain your connection to the area.