News | Posted on 19th Mar 2020
We have been busy delivering our courses in March but now we are monitoring the changing situation and advice regarding COVID-19 novel coronavirus.
At this stage all remaining Term 1 workshops will be cancelled. We will contact those students directly affected by email, phone and/or SMS.
Please keep in mind:
- There is an enforced self-isolation period of 14 days for anyone who is returning from overseas travel.
- The risk of contracting COVID-19 without a history of international travel within 14 days is still low. At this stage it is appropriate to continue normal activities, if:
- You have no symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat; AND
- You have not travelled internationally in the past 14 days; AND
- You have not been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you have any flu like symptoms, in particular fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat, please stay home. Contact Healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or your GP for advice.
- For more information about the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, you can find straightforward information here:
We also understand that this situation may be causing anxiety, so we encourage students to recognise any anxiety you are feeling and to take self-care measures where needed.
Tips and links for self-care
It is normal to experience worry in a pandemic situation. If the COVID-19 situation is causing you some anxiety, consider a few tips:
- Ensure you are getting facts from reliable sources, such as:
- Limit your time watching, listening or reading news – schedule a short specific time to check the news and consider unfollowing news feeds on social media
- Be mindful of your physical and mental health – use methods that work for you for exercise, maintaining calm, maintaining a healthy diet and getting enough sleep.
- Beyond Blue – Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- How people in Hubei province in China have been getting through the lockdown – The Guardian and check out this guy
Don’t forget, these services are always available:
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- One Door mental health information and support 1800 843 539
- 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Other helpful services can be found here