Who can attend recovery college?
Recovery College is open to people living in Western Sydney who:
- have lived experience of mental health conditions
- are carers, family and friends of someone with mental health conditions
- are mental health workers or workers in the community services sector
- volunteer in the community services section
Our courses are provided to people over the age of 18 years.
What is Recovery?
Personal recovery is an individual journey which is different for everyone.
Recovery is about hope, understanding and learning how to use personal strengths and coping strategies to live well.
Recovery focused programs are designed to assist individuals, families and carers with an understanding of recovery and offer practical information to assist in managing mental health conditions, developing skills for everyday life and providing pathways to further education such as vocational training.
Recovery College is a safe and friendly place to learn more about mental health conditions.
How much do Recovery College courses cost?
There is no charge to attend Recovery College courses and programs.
Can I do more than one course?
Yes. Recovery College offers a range of courses covering different topics. You can attend one course that interests you or you can attend a series of courses that will increase your understanding of mental health and provide you with practical life skills.
How do I enrol?
- If you are a current or previous student there is no need to complete another enrolment form. Simply call or email us to indicate the workshop(s) you wish to attend.
- Online: Locate the workshop you wish to apply for via Programs & Courses and complete the enrolment form on that page. (preferred)
- Mail: Post a hard copy enrolment form, indicating the workshop(s) you wish to attend, to:
Western Sydney Recovery College
Level 3, 81 Flushcombe Road
Blacktown NSW 2148
- Email: Scan and email the hard copy enrolment form or include your details in an email to email@example.com.
- Phone: Call us on 02 9854 5541 to provide your enrolment details over the phone.
Do I have to enrol?
It is preferred that you do enrol, simply so we know how many people will be attending for organisation purposes. If you cannot enrol in advance for any reason, we may be able to take your enrolment in person on the day for the shorter courses. Do phone us in advance where possible to notify us of your attendance.
Please note you must enrol in advance for the some full day courses and Recognised programs.